Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Rizzo Corporation.
We're happy to meet you.
Click on the job titles below to learn more.
This individual will be accountable for overseeing all aspects of assigned projects from commencement to completion. This individual is responsible for managing these projects in a manner that exceeds our customers’ expectations and ensures our work adheres to all company safety policies and OSHA mandated requirements. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Managing all financial aspects of projects through ongoing job forecasting.
- Overseeing pre-con meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
- Collaborating with prefabrication and design departments.
- Setting clear goals and expectations to Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Negotiating and resolving any and all customer concerns.
- When necessary, estimating change orders for assigned projects.
- Managing all job closeout procedures.
- Conducting post project reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
- Providing coaching/counseling to Project Engineer and Superintendent.
- Developing and maintaining a network of professional relationships within the construction industry.
Skills/Qualifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Accubid and Oracle experience preferred. A working knowledge of Primavera Expedition, P6, PM Web and Prologue is a plus.
This individual will be accountable for timely and accurately performing fundamental, routine construction-related tasks for both project management and field construction activities including tasks related to materials and equipment, quality, safety and project closeout. This individual is also responsible for advancing projects by collecting, developing, assembling, and providing data and information while maintaining productive working relationships with staff, subcontractors and Owner representatives. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Becoming thoroughly knowledgeable with the project’s contract documents, drawings, specifications and scope of work.
- Ensuring Contract Document Logs are maintained and updated as needed.
- Accurately processing and distributing submittals and RFI’s.
- Participating in and/or writing notes, instructions, or minutes from meetings that clearly communicate discussion agreements, decisions, and action.
- Proactively seeking to understand customer goals and needs and consistently looking for ways to support them.
- Ensuring planned deadlines are met.
- Continually seeking to understand customer goals and needs and act with a sense of urgency in meeting customer needs and demonstrating value.
- Developing industry relationships and expanding professional networks that have potential to generate opportunities for Rizzo Corporation.
Skills/Qualifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required. A working knowledge of Primavera Expedition, P3, PM Web and Prologue is a plus.
This individual will need the skills and experience required to manage the day-to-day field operations of construction projects that Rizzo Corporation undertakes. The Superintendent will be responsible for the production aspects of the work and accountable for producing quality work that is constructed consistent with the standards set forth in the projects contract documents. Performing the work in a timely and cost effective manner while maintaining a work environment that is safe and continuously kept clean and orderly is of utmost importance. Moreover, the Superintendent will be the forward face of Rizzo Corporation and is responsible for establishing a professional work environment that includes: fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving while minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner. The primary focus of the Superintendent is to provide the managerial and leadership skills necessary to accomplish the work by means of subcontractors and to manage day-to-day issues of the workforce. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Providing leadership and establishing and maintaining effective and harmonious working relationships with the on-site staff while promoting a positive project morale.
- Having thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications, and addenda.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
- Examining the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to bringing these to the attention of the Project Manager who will review them with the Architect.
- Assisting the Project Manager and the Scheduler in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule.
- Working with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- Maintaining a positive relationship with customers, subcontractors, suppliers, and other employees.
- Planning and reviewing the quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, equipment, and manpower with the Project Manager.
- Coordinating, directing, monitoring and inspecting the activities of the subcontractors, suppliers and labor and materials.
- Verifying that each Subcontractor has completed their contractual requirements as conditioned precedent to beginning work at the job-site. This includes a Certificate of Insurance, a fully executed Subcontract, a Schedule of Values and a Safety Program.
- Determining all required permits or licenses have been obtained, and that a bulletin board is installed on which all required safety notices are posted.
Skills/Qualifications: The Superintendent must be able to read blue prints, have an understanding of project cost analysis and effectively use the following computer programs: Oracle Contract Manager, Microsoft Office, Primavera Expedition, P3, & PM Web.
This individual will lead all aspects of cost planning and budgeting while managing all facets of bid preparation during the preconstruction phase of projects. This individual will apply their expert knowledge of construction costs to develop complete, accurate cost estimates that are consistent with company and department objectives and that achieve profitability based on company requirements.
- Consulting with clients’ vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction supervision to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Analyzing blueprints, construction drawings, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Preparing estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Conferring with engineers, designers, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Preparing estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work.
- Preparing cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Assessing cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Setting up monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Conducting special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Reviewing material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to construct or subcontract components.
- Preparing and maintaining a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Seeking and identifying new subcontractors and vendors to further enhance our core subcontractor list.
- Assisting with prequalification of subcontractors to ensure compliance with Rizzo Corporation and project requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining a tendering process while conducting negotiations.
- Working with Project Management to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project and establish a project strategy.
- Conducting site visits to assess/analyze site conditions and to determine how subcontractor pricing may be affected.
- Compiling and calculating statistical data (estimates, take-offs, material pricing, subcontractor and labor costs, etc.) required to provide job costs.
- Working within company policy as outlined in the Rizzo Corporation handbook.
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent computer, organizational and managerial skills. Knowledge of Timberline estimating software is required and knowledge of Primavera Expedition is a plus. Reporting Skills, Scheduling, Time Management, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Please complete the form below.
Rizzo Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.